Postdoctoral Fellow (Yi Laboratory)
A postdoctoral fellow position is available for immediate application at Dr. Peng Yi’s laboratory in Joslin Diabetes Center, affiliated with Harvard Medical School. We are seeking talented and enthusiastic postdoctoral researchers to join exciting research efforts in the Yi lab, using whole-genome CRISPR screen to investigate the mechanism controlling pancreatic beta cell proliferation, regeneration, neogenesis and beta cell protection against autoimmune destruction in Type 1 Diabetes.
Dr. Peng Yi heads the core laboratory of CRISPR screen in Joslin Diabetes Center, and the laboratory has performed a series of whole genome loss-of-function and gain-of-function screens on beta cell regeneration and beta cell protection against autoimmunity. These screens led to the discovery of many novel target genes, signaling pathways and mechanisms that underlies pancreatic beta cell neogenesis, Type 1 Diabetes onset and beta cell tolerance of autoimmunity. The successful candidate will be responsible for doing research and trying to understand the mechanism of action of these novel target genes. The candidate may also work on designing and carrying out new CRISPR screens to investigate pancreatic beta cell compensatory growth and beta cell functions.
The laboratory is very well funded by NIH, JDRF and other private foundations, and there are institutional postdoc fellowships and NIH training grants available for application in Joslin Diabetes Center.
- Ph.D. in genetics, molecular/cellular biology or related field
- Basic laboratory methods of molecular cell biology and animal study
- Established publication record
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively
Candidates with expertise in ONE or MORE of the following areas will be given priority.
- Expertise in diabetes related research
- Expertise in CRISPR technology and gene editing
- Expertise in genetic screening
- Expertise in structure-based chemical modeling and designing
- Expertise in assay development
- Expertise in biomarker discovery and validation
Applicants should submit a cover letter stating the motivation, a CV and contact information of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.